Wednesday, July 19, 2023

More Books

Brought to you by my layover in O'Hare.


 All the Ashley Weaver mysteries I could get my hands on: satisfying and well-written.  Young woman takes to detecting after unfortunate events.

Rulebook for Restless Rogues: charming adventure (m/m) with a happy ending

Dragonfall: DNF, I got bored in the first 20 pages.

Ink Blood Sister Scribe: I really liked this- unusual and borderline too scary/violent for me!- but the ending felt a little too wrapped up.  

The Adventures of Amina el-Sirafi: middle aged pirate goes back to sea, leaving her daughter behind, and has adventures with magic. Spectacular. 

The Thorns Remain: over-written and under-baked. DNF.

Thistlefoot: good, but too weird/modern for me. DNF.

Translation State: as good as the first three books and fully worth the wait.

4 comments:

  1. Socal Dendrite7:58 PM

    I like the sound of The Adventures of Amina el-Sirafi - I will have to see if our library has it. I recently enjoyed Legends and Lattes by Travis Baldree while on vacation. It's a gentle and relaxing story about an orc barbarian who retires from adventuring to set up a coffee shop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny F Scientist10:24 PM

      Loved that one! Did you see there's a sequel coming out soon?

      Delete
    2. Socal Dendrite11:25 PM

      Ha! Should have known you'd have already read it! I did hear about the sequel but I think it's going to be a prequel - not sure what I think about that.

      Delete
  2. Anonymous8:59 PM

    Good to hear about Translation State because it's just sitting on my nightstand, waiting for me to finish my current book.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, so it may take a day or two to show up. Anonymous comments will be deleted.