Thursday, November 13, 2014

Dear Student Affairs Office,

It's been four months since you didn't hire me.  I'm totally fine with you not hiring me.  You made a professional decision to hire someone else!  Great!  I like the (very part-time!) job I have now, and I'm perfectly happy doing that for as long as they'll pay me.  (Plus, it pays better.)

What I'm still not fine with is the way you screwed me around and fucked around with my personal time. Plus, based on how everyone reacted during my interviews, you'd already decided to hire the other person.

I find it unprofessional and offensive in the extreme, how you scheduled my interviews on five - FIVE! - separate days.  So the other person's time was valuable to you, and mine was worth nothing?  Because I'm the wife of some faculty member, I had nothing better to do than be jerked around?  I'm left with the unfortunate impression that you interviewed me solely to check off HR's 'interview two people' box, and you couldn't even get your shit together to do it on one day.

Overall, Student Affairs, really clever choice!  Way to really piss off the spouse of a faculty member!  I mean, it's not like we're going to be around for a long time or anything, right?  It's not like I'll remember how discourteous, dishonest, and unprofessional you were, RIGHT?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, so it may take a day or two to show up. Anonymous comments will be deleted.