Thursday, March 06, 2014

A Cherished Memory

I have no idea why this suddenly popped into my head, but there you have it.

December 1999

A group of college friends has been giving gifts.  Someone has given our friend E, a blonde, bubbly, zaftig, future-librarian Quaker, a soft-antler headband and a red nose that lights up.  Her boyfriend N, a nerdy physicist with dark curls, looks on dubiously

E: "Look!  I'm Rudolph! You can see me in the dark!"
N: "I guess we could... play reindeer games?  ...oh, dear."

Everyone bursts into laughter.

I am sorry to say that I've lost touch with all of them, due to some unfortunate personal circumstances in grad school, also known as "My ex took those friends when I ditched him."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, so it may take a day or two to show up. Anonymous comments will be deleted.