Friday, June 21, 2013

Sunshine and Roses

Just to mention that not everything is full of woe:

Yesterday, while Tatoe was napping, Bug and I went outside and threw paper airplanes in loop-de-loops for forever, and then lay down on a blanket to look at the sky, and he patted me on the arm and said "Mama, I love you.  You're my best fwiend."

And then Nicole brought over gooseberry crumble, which I adore, and we had some iced tea together from my backyard mint.

And this morning Dr. S and I are going canoeing together on the beautiful lake out for lunch because there is a thunderstorm.

5 comments:

  1. The tea was lovely, and I'm glad you enjoyed the gooseberry crumble! I hope your move goes very smoothly. I was glad to take the kids today so you two could get a few hours of peace before the craziness begins.

    WAAAAAH, they're going to be so big before I see you all again! I have to cultivate new friendships with people who probably won't be as fun! I had to console myself today by making 12 half-pints of strawberry jam. I will probably need to make more tomorrow. At least I'll get to come visit lovely mountain town sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful. Glad there are moments of pure joy amidst the chaos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog, but I think your husband and my husband should get together and a) want things that are not practical, b) decide things that are not practical and c) drive us nuts while we strive to make the impractical wishes of man-sized-children happen.

    I'm just saying I totally feel your recent posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Usually he's a lot better. Moving clearly makes everyone fucking insane!

      Delete
  4. Anonymous2:22 PM

    Ooooo....gooseberry cobbler! I pretty much ignored everything else you wrote...

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, so it may take a day or two to show up. Anonymous comments will be deleted.