Friday, April 08, 2011

Assorted, Various, etc.

My darling child is taking an unusually long nap. (Now, of course, he will wake up and yell.) This may be due to the fact that, of late, day or night, he wakes up every 30-60 minutes to utter something profound like "YOGURT!". Then he goes back to sleep.

We re-did our landscaping. The plants appear to have survived, even the scraggly yarrow and the much-abused lilac bush, which was living between three large rocks and under another large bush, before. We hope to have materially improved its circumstances. I am sprouting various things though, strangely, the lima beans have twice been overtaken by mold now. I am considering bleaching the outsides next.

The neighbors, who apparently have a driving deficiency, have left a large rut in our yard. We would be irritated with them (see also: your dog is barking... again) but they're so... sweet. They bring us veggies in the summer. They drove me to the doctor when I cut myself. They give us kid things they and their children don't need any more- piles of clothes for Bug, and, last week, a very nice, almost-new bicycle in the next size up.

I am not enjoying being pregnant. I don't mean as in, I am an ungrateful wretch for the felicity and ease with which I get and stay pregnant. I mean that, no matter how glad one is, ten weeks of constant nausea and stabbing pain are a trifle difficult to endure, especially when one expects them to persist for some weeks-to-months yet. Plus, the toddler elbows me in the stomach and generates very stinky diapers. Plus every time I change altitude, my vision goes all black and sparkly.

Er.... my spouse folded all the laundry, though! Good for him, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, so it may take a day or two to show up. Anonymous comments will be deleted.