Friday, September 07, 2007

Friday Photo Library: Plants, Bags, and Dresses

First, a fashion dilemma: I must go the the extraordinarily posh wedding of one of Dr. S's many cousins. Should I wear: a) my deep-burgundy-red velvet cocktail dress, which is a bit tight through the thighs (of all places) because I last wore it when I was 18; or b) my long emerald-green taffeta ball skirt, whose crinoline has been appropriated by my sister, and which no longer has a top to go with? And attempt to pull off... something like this or this or this over it? Aaargh.

****

DSCN0543DSCN0566
Someone's rather nice front walk; someone else's quite nice front garden.

DSCN0568
More garden.

DSCN0562

A memento from Dr. S's post-defense party.
DSCN0556


DSCN0558
Here kitty kitty! A very friendly three-legged cat. Lately I am struck by periodic bouts of longing for a) a cat; b) a puppy; c) a baby. I have none of the above. Yesterday, when I got a package addressed to 'Dr. J.F. Scientist', also longing for a PhD; ditto.

DSCN0570
Coleus, and something that looks like a distant cousin of Dusty Miller.

DSCN0571
Looks like sweet pea on a stick.

DSCN0572
Osteospermum, possibly?

Red dress
Latest garment project. See, it only took me two months to put in the zipper! Worn for our anniversary dinner.

DSCN0580
The latest chapter in my plastic-reduction efforts. Veggie and fruit bags.