Friday, February 09, 2007

The Goods Are Odd, and the Odds are Family

Seventeen years ago today, I was in the delivery room, watching my sister Prudence’s birth.

Baby sisSis and me
Sis hosesis slide
(She's older now.)

Four years ago today, I was having a costume party. I've lost the pictures, but someone dressed up as a rooster.

Two and a half years ago, I was saying to Mr. S, ‘Really? Can I see your driver’s license?’

Two years ago today, I sat in front of a fire, next to my favorite person, and told him that yes, we should get married.

Wedding2Wedding

One year ago today, I was most of the way up a snowy mountain, crying hysterically and eating peanut butter on a spoon, with the early stages of frostbite.

Today, cake and tea. Indoors.

Happy birthday to Prudence, Mr. S, my Totally Rockin' Mentor, a friend of my mom's, my husband's co-worker's husband, and to me. (What are the odds!?!!?)