Saturday, March 18, 2023

Five minute blogging: Mental Space

 My new job (which is still great) occupies almost none of my brain power except for the actual hours I'm at work.  This is such a sharp contrast to the previous 8 years of professoring while worrying intensely about the future that I almost don't know what to do with myself. 

So I've been doing house projects.  I've started mopping (steam mop 4 life) and keeping the house nicer and more dust-free (because I have time and energy while listening to meetings where I don't have to talk). I've been tidying up the garden.  I redid a bathroom and replaced half the light fixtures in the house.  I've scheduled a down to the studs reno for the upstairs bath and bought all the pieces. I organized to have three sliding doors replaced and then I repainted the downstairs living room.    And THEN,  with Nicky's excellent advice,  I've redecorated the whole room.  


After and during painting:


("Wow, that's much better!" someone said tonight.)

I probably need to think about what to do next because I will eventually run out of house BUT I'm discontented with the paint colors upstairs.....

3 comments:

  1. You're very welcome! You should post pictures tho.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That all sounds pretty great!

    Can I ask you to regale us with your experience with steam mops and what kinds of flooring you can use it on? I dream of having the time and brainpower to start mopping our floors someday... 😬

    ReplyDelete
  3. That all sounds pretty great!

    Can I ask you to regale us with your experience with steam mops and what kinds of flooring you can use it on? I dream of having the time and brainpower to start mopping our floors someday... 😬
    dầu gội thảo dược
    dầu gội thiên nhiên
    bị rụng tóc

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, so it may take a day or two to show up. Anonymous comments will be deleted.