Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Complainer's Prize

Some time ago, I was expressing frustration to my mom and grandma that Aunt F had not made plans for her disabled child after her death.  "He needs a special needs trust and a group living situation!" I fumed. "Who will manage the money?"

Friends,  I have just won a truly spectacular complainer's prize.  Aunt F has emailed me asking for financial guidance and also if I would take responsibility for managing my cousin's money after she dies (long delayed, we hope, but the kid is 25 and she is 62). One of these days I will learn to keep my mouth shut. 

However, I will do it.  The kid's sibling is even younger and has some issues and in any event that's a lot to lay on a sibling.  The rest of the cousins are ill suited for a variety of reasons. I'm just clearly becoming the Responsible Older Cousin and I have no-one to blame but myself. 



1 comment:

  1. Oh. That's both vindication for your being right and her listening, and... well. That's a lot of work. That much I know from a dear friend's caring for her cousin later in his life. I hope that you won't be needed for a very long time.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, so it may take a day or two to show up. Anonymous comments will be deleted.