- We have no debt (aside from the mortgage).*
- The spouse has an excellent and well-paid job with great co-workers.
- We live in a beautiful, idyllic region of the state.
- There is a creek in our front yard. Also, two flower gardens and a dozen fruit trees.
- My kids get a longer leash here than I felt was safe when living in a city. (Example: this fall, Bug will be walking home alone. He is seven. It's not very far.)
- Even though they're far away, I have excellent friends.
- The other moms around here are very kind and helpful.
- We see my parents frequently and it is great.
- There is a really good major medical center not too far away.**
- There is free bluegrass on Wednesday mornings and Sweetpea dances along and wiggles her little tushie.
- I only have 25% of the headache I had ten days ago.***
* WELL, technically we do, as we have a 0% loan on the van, but we have... enough to pay it off in our checking account. I feel that doesn't really count.
** An hour and a half.
*** Admittedly, ten days ago I felt that being run over by a truck would greatly improve my quality of life.