Wednesday, August 17, 2011

No Relation Of Mine

Dear Mother-in-Law,

When you say to us, "Well, I don't think I can visit you after the baby's born because I'm driving to a quilt show [two hours away] and I can't afford to also drive up to Cold State so I'm going to the quilt show"... you might have wanted to, first, consider on how many different levels that is offensive

As my grandmother, may she rest in peace, used to say, "At least she's no relation of mine."

At least we don't expect any better from you.

Yours,

Not A Relation


3 comments:

  1. Aw, that has got to hurt.

    But I also feel sorry for her because she's missing such a fantastic opportunity. It's just really sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch. I'm sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like them, but I don't respect them. Because of stuff like this. It is pretty sad.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, so it may take a day or two to show up. Anonymous comments will be deleted.