Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Death To Leggy Things

My basement, like many basements - especially basements in houses that have sat empty for a year - suffers from infestations. (If I should ever again buy a house which has been unoccupied, I shall demand an exterminator.)

The worst of the critters were, I thought, spiders. Dozens and dozens of spiders. A childhood spent around black widows has given me a horror of spiders. Also, one of them bit Dr. S on the arm and he got a nasty, nasty infection.

So, I sacrificed my hippie-granola-organic principles and bought some Death To Bugs Spray. I sprayed it diligently around the entire exterior of my house and then around every single corner in the whole basement.

It did not appear to do anything to the spiders. I sprayed it again.

Now EARWIGS are crawling out of my baseboards, turning up their little earwiggy legs, and dying by the dozens.

So which is worse- live earwigs in your walls that you don't know about, or dead ones everywhere?

2 comments:

  1. Live ones! Death to the home invaders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, live ones may be worse, but dead ones are more disgusting. I was so full of organic principles until I had EARWIGS.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, so it may take a day or two to show up. Anonymous comments will be deleted.