Sunday, January 31, 2010

Crankiness, Assorted

  1. Though I sound like a complete nut, one of the hardest things about deciding to stop working is contemplating the loss of power and respect.
  2. Teething. Oh, the chewing. No, child, you cannot gnaw my collarbone.
  3. Dr. S's former postdoc advisor, who has not been his employer for a year and a half, wants him to edit a grant. "No" or "Hell, No?" (I suggested "People in hell" or, alternatively, promising to do it and then never quite getting to it...)
  4. Possibly the mini-pill is making me insane.
  5. Possibly something else is making me insane. Or several somethings.
  6. CRAAAAAAZZZZYYY.
  7. No, really.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:38 PM

    Just a random statement that I made baby #2 when baby #1 was 9 months old because I missed two minipills in a row. With no intervening period. Yikes, said I. Here's hoping you are a better pill-rememberer than I.

    Power and respect matter. Those are some of the biggest reasons I decided to stay employed. In a less dignified statement, I decided I would be very upset if my husband got to talk to smart people about smart things and I didn't. But, then, perhaps I could have if I had developed a stronger friend network. There are so many ways to get places, and most of them are valid. I really wish you well with your choices. This set of choices can weigh heavily.

    AM

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't have anything brilliant to say, but will offer this:
    (((Jenny F.)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry I missed the post about RSV and pneumonia.

    And yes the minipill might be driving you crazy. Various birth control pills have made me insane. Like Marvelon! change pills. At this age, the bc pill won't affect your milk supply.

    As for thrush, I still stand by my grapefruit seed extract drops idea. My chronic thrush is totally under control. Nothing has ever worked like this. Swear to God.

    (((hugs)))

    And teething can make you crazy, but what the hell, that's why God invented baby tylenol and baby motrin right? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, so it may take a day or two to show up. Anonymous comments will be deleted.