Monday, January 05, 2009

Survived, With Eyes Intact

I have survived my first day at work. For obvious reasons, I don't plan to write about it in detail, but suffice it to say that the first week of my training regimen already makes me want to poke my own eyes out from boredom. Today mainly consisted of things that either a) I already knew or b) could have been summarized in five minutes and a two-page bulleted list.

My co-workers - the ones I'll actually be working with - seem to be nice, normal, smart people who also are dying of boredom. (One today: "You could always clutch your stomach and rush out." Me: "I'm saving it for when I'm really bored." Co-worker: "You mean... you aren't yet???")

Also, I get an office, though I have to share for a little while. I plan to refer to everyone's offices as 'nerd boxes.'

And that is all I will say about work.

Must! Write! Rest of thesis! Aaaaagh!