Monday, December 29, 2008

In Which I Am Greatly Relieved

I was about to write an angst-filled post about My !@#$ Collaborator, Dammit, I'm Due In 12 Fricking Weeks. However! He has just sent me fifty bazillion gigabytes of files to analyze. Praise the Flying Spaghetti Monster. I will now be staring at boring videos of cells until cross-eyed.

My brain feels a little fried. It's been a couple months since I looked at, much less thought about, my paper/ results/ figures. Plus, I'm real pregnant and therefore a little fuzzy-brained and tired all the time. Maybe... I'll give it a go tomorrow. With lots of coffee. And maybe getting up earlier. And maybe without eight hours of travel the day before.

My new job starts in seven days; I guess my last week of freedom will be spent staring at a computer screen instead of sewing diaper covers. Can I defend before I deliver? Stay tuned!

(Also: the baby seems to be trying to get out. It does this every morning. It's aliiiive!!)