Thursday, March 07, 2024

Five Minute Blogging

  •  Work has a lot going on which is good (it's never dull) and bad (OMG it's never dull).
  • I got a promotion and a 10% raise this quarter. I'll take it. 
  • My in laws are closing on their house sale in 2 weeks and moving here in 5 weeks.
  • I wanted them to and have been helping but it is A Lot.
  • My kids have all developed a sportsball obsession and Oldest Kid is on the high school JV team now. I never in a million years would have predicted this outcome,  but it's really good for him. 
  • I had to start a spreadsheet to keep track of the sportsball pickups. Oy.
  • The flowers are blooming and I want more flowers. 
  • Tub faucet broke so I get to learn some new plumbing skills this weekend! 
  • Teaching Sunday School is kicking my rear and I don't quite know why. Maybe it's just the proverbial straw.

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on the promotion AND raise!

    Spreadsheet for pickups - woof. I'm hoping we can stay just on this side of that level of organization needed but once Smol Acrobat starts having activities, I think we'll be there too. I already need a dozen alarms a day. Eeps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny F Scientist8:04 PM

      Thank you! Between you and me I would have been looking for another job without the raise. Money is how you keep the score.

      There are 12 soccer practices a week plus 3-5 games, so I hope you will be able to keep it below that chaos level! I wouldn't even have considered it but a couple close friends are doing it plus teo neighbors so I knew I'd have support.

      Delete
    2. Absolutely, money is how I keep score also. Even if I did give up some measure of money for improved quality of life, the money has to be there too!

      Delete

Comments are moderated, so it may take a day or two to show up. Anonymous comments will be deleted.