Friday, November 25, 2022

Happy Secular Pie Day to All

I want you all to know that I recently resisted the urge to sign up for Christmas for my work's "Seasonal Holidays Lunch and Learn" (a fun and worthy endeavor) because nobody Christian signed up for a while.  But I was deeply tempted to do it in the style of Jew Who Has It All, which would probably get me fired: 


Likewise, my daughter's teacher DID ask me to come in and talk about Hanukkah and I could think only of this:  


I wish you all a happy Secular Pie Day; it is one of my favorite holidays. 





2 comments:

  1. Happy Secular Pie Day! I made four because leftover pie is one of the joys of the holiday weekend. Cherry pie was the clear winner at our house. We had four Bicycle Co "orphans" attend as well. I love hosting almost more people than my house can hold.

    Have you seen Clare Brown on Tiktok? She is delightful, and in the same vein as JewWhoHasItAll. (I have deleted Twitter because I barely used it and Musk ruined it. I also don't have Tiktok but I see some of its material other places.)
    https://www.tiktok.com/@clarabellecwb?lang=en

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jenny F Scientist4:35 PM

      Will definitely have to check her out! I put the last of the currants in the cherry pie and nobody really liked it but me and my mom. Chocolate with a light chiffon-ing and pecan tied here.

      We had two student orphans, who got inveigled into board games by the kids! One said "The pie was AMAZING... and dinner was also very nice."

      Delete

Comments are moderated, so it may take a day or two to show up. Anonymous comments will be deleted.