Wednesday, June 24, 2020

What Did We Do To Help?

Nicole & Maggie asked people to share what they've done to help since the pandemic/ police rioting/ general disaster.

Mine isn't much but here it is:


  • Lobbied against gerrymandering
  • Gave $4500 to the food pantry, DV shelter, nature center, and library
  • Also volunteered at the food pantry (I ended up loading cars because I was the youngest volunteer; I am almost 40)
  • Translated 50 pages of academic articles for asylum cases that a non-profit is doing for Muslim immigrants
  • Gave my university science based feedback on their opening plans whether they wanted it or not (no, you can't put flammable partitions in the chemistry labs, nor can you compel me to a weekly medical test...)

1 comment:

Comments are moderated, so it may take a day or two to show up. Anonymous comments will be deleted.