Monday, August 05, 2013

And Back To Normal; Plus, Assorted

Five days were not enough to miss my children.  And the spouse saw fit to greet me this morning with, "Well, he didn't have a meltdown like this the whole time you were gone, and there has to be a better way to deal with this [than yours]."  Thanks, spouse!  That's effective communication RIGHT THERE!

Assorted:
  • Five.  Hours.  Of quiet, peaceful train.
  • Oh, my goodness, but it was really great to see all my old friends, none of whom I'd seen since I moved to the Frozen North.
  • I had a fantastic time and enjoyed almost every single minute (except taking four wrong turns in a row and ending up in front of a car dealership in Falls Church, i.e. Not Where I Wanted.  GPS: It was invented for people like me; I don't have it.)  Friends!  Nice meals!  Public transportation!  Complete freedom to go where I pleased, when I pleased!  
  • And.... Tatoe has just poured water into my coffee cup, spooned in a spoonful of sugar, and is stirring it while saying "I put spoon in the coffee cup!" Time's up.

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:33 AM

    Welcome home! Obviously he was frazzled to make a comment like that first thing! Clearly things didn't go nearly as smoothly as he lets on or he would have smugly told you the right way to deal with it right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I'm glad you had a wonderful time!

    Spouse should rethink his version of tact. Or, perhaps, this was his way of volunteering for doing all of the child wrangling on the weekends while you go and do as you please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did suggest that I could leave again, if he thought that would solve the problem. I guess everyone put their crabby pants on this morning.

      Delete
  3. My mom was always in two minds after we had stayed with others (family friends, grandparents, ...) and behaved much better than at home -- glad, of course, but also, why couldn't we be a bit more behaved back home?!

    Glad the trip was good, although short.

    Will remember to keep my coffee out of anyone's reach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:09 PM

    Oh man, would my spouse ever get a knife in the FACE if he came at me with a statement like that. No wonder you need at least a thousand years off. Glad you had some lovely times--wish it could have been longer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, I'm still a bit steamed about it. I mean, it's not like there was Fun Babysitter every day, and it's not like they got about 100% more Daddy Time than usual, or anything ELSE was different, riiiight?

      Delete

Comments are moderated, so it may take a day or two to show up. Anonymous comments will be deleted.