1) We have no phone or internet. We are trying to fix this, but all the directions.... are on the Internet.
2) Also it is a federal holiday today and, unofficially, tomorrow.
3) Oh GOD, the South.
3a) Walmart. Think, 15% expensive-looking people in riding boots (the real kind, that they have just used for riding), 25% Average Rural-ish People, and 60% camouflage.
4) BUUUUUGGGGGSSSSS EVERYWHERE SEND PESTICIDE AND VODKA.
5) Also it's beautiful up in the mountains here.
6) Our apartment is about 100% nicer than the university's pictures made it look. It's almost like they were trying to discourage people.
7) It quite literally rained on our parade this morning. It has rained three times a day for a week.
8) All the plants are very, very happy here. So are the mosquitoes.
9) Must have long discourse later on my mother (mostly charming, now very anxious about completely trivial things like getting lost while in possession of GPS).
10) Tots + grandma + favorite aunt + sweet friendly dog = really wonderful.
11) There is a dinosaur hanging in the lobby of Dr. S's building.