Tuesday, August 02, 2011

In Which I Am A Complainy Pregnant Woman

You have been warned.

Look, I am grateful that I'm having an uncomplicated pregnancy healthy baby blah blah blah.  However, even if a person's been trying to have a baby for N agonizing years, I firmly support every woman's right to be miserable when being kicked simultaneously in the bladder and the round ligaments, okay?

This baby is posterior and Bug was posterior and I don't care what that stupid baby spinning website says, I could lean on a yoga ball eight hours a day and this baby would not turn around.  Just.  Not.  I can feel the kid turn cartwheels in there, and he is never, ever anything but posterior. 

There is an endless fount of well-meaning but extremely irritating advice from my in-laws, who define the words 'irresponsible' and 'unreliable'.  Many other well-meaning people ask every day how I'm feeling. 

How am I feeling?  I'll tell you how I'm feeling.  I'm in constant pain, near-constant nausea (for 26 weeks running, thank you very much, and I'm only 29 weeks pregnant), and every time I bend over it hurts.  I wake up every night because something hurts.  Every time I pick up my toddler he pokes me somewhere painful.  If I take a walk I get dizzy and if I don't take a walk, you got it, something hurts.  My lungs are being squashed, I can't breathe, and this child kicks me for 9 of 12 waking hours.

I feel GRUMPY.  Now everyone stop asking.

7 comments:

  1. You are FULLY ENTITLED to be a grumpy/complainy pregnant woman! Any time you want to gripe to a live audience, feel free to give me a call & bend my ear, and I will be happy to make sympathetic noises. :)
    Biiiiiiiiiiiiig hugs (at least virtual ones aren't likely to squash your lungs any further)!
    >----------------O-----------------<

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you! the last few weeks of my pregnancy were hell, especially as I got more and more overdue. ANd yes EVERY pregnant woman has the right to bitch and moan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. B: I always think of calling you and it's never an east-coast-convenient time. :( Thanks for the hugs.

    SM: Oy. I don't even want to THINK about overdue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch, that sounds unpleasant, no matter the number of agonizing years spent waiting before (and I do know about that). Complain on if it helps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. J, you should always feel free to Call Anyway on the cell: if I'm asleep, it's off, and it won't be in a place that will wake other sleepers if I'm still up at 11pm/midnight, or again up at 6:30/7am...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amanda S3:29 PM

    SO I remember being pregnant and a grumpy monster also, now it's my sil's turn. But now that I look back on it, what did I expect people to do? I wanted sympathy, but not advice; support, but not overbearing; etc. How do you think I should support my sister's very real complaints? I want to give her a positive support system and be there for her without taking it to annoying places! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buy her a hot pack, a thing of her favorite tea or coffee, and a mug with something funny on it. :)

      Delete

Comments are moderated, so it may take a day or two to show up. Anonymous comments will be deleted.