Thursday, December 11, 2008

Friday Photos (a little early): The Boring Life of a Housewife

[Dear readers: please tell me what I want for Christmas. From my sweet husband. Sparkly things? A new teapot? Help.]


We went to my parents' house for Thanksgiving. I bring back photographic evidence of how spoiled the dog is:
DSCN0925
Spoiled rotten, but very, very happy.

Upon returning to Cold Utopia, we resolved that, because my ever-expanding waistline, here at 24w:
DSCN0950
makes it increasingly difficult to put on my beautiful, waterproof, insulated Red Wings,

I have replaced them:
DSCN0942
with this gorgeous pair of boots.

Likewise, pursuant to the fact that it will continue to look like this:
DSCN0933
out my window until May or further notice, whichever comes first,

I have felted and recycled a sweater into this stylish yet warm hat:
DSCN0939

and invested in yet another kind of foot gear.
DSCN0951
My shoes may not be as sparkly as Dr. Isis's Naughty Monkeys, but Naughty Monkeys don't come in wide sizes.

On a totally unrelated note, as I am shortly to be employed, I have been furiously sewing baby gear:
DSCN0944
such as this very frou-frou changing pad. (Vinyl laminates if you iron it on a very hot setting!).

On an equally unrelated note, these horrible nasty buggy things:
DSCN0945
are infesting my citrus tree and I must kill them all dead. What on earth ARE THEY??? (Updated: They are citrus mealybugs. DIE DIE DIE.)