Thursday, September 25, 2008

In Which I Get What I Want (And Don't Like It)

We have now been in Sausage & Cheese (isn't that a great image?) for all of 16 days. I declared to many parties that I required entire months to recuperate from my PhD.

I just applied for five jobs.

One through a headhunter, two at Nearby Biotech Giant, and two at Cornfield Software Company. None of them actually wanted a PhD biochemist but this isn't a huge city; the options are somewhat limited unless I want to work in the Department of Corrections or at the local Target. (My college roomate has opined that, within a week, I would mouth off to someone and get fired. Not at all; it would take at least two weeks.) I could certainly do any of the jobs for which I applied, with no more training than any other applicant. In fact, if I learned nothing else by being a researcher, it was how to do new things fast and well, with very little guidance and without being told more than once.

Dr. S thinks I'll get interviews because, if for no other reason, I'm nearby. They don't even have to buy me lunch!

******
Have a) upped chicken and schmeat consumption (FEED ME MEAT) and b) later, tried taking my vitamins. This resulted in a) less fatigue, followed by b) all-day nausea. Screw vitamins. I'm back to my diet of strawberries, bread, and protein. Healthy, no?