Sunday, July 06, 2008

Recycled

I inherited a ThingPlayer from M & B. It came with about 60 pounds of obsolete Things. No-one makes these Things or their player any more, as they weigh ten times as much as the DigitalThings that replaced them.

Free obsolete Things do not travel 1200 miles with me, but I didn't want to throw them away. Wasteful! Someone might use the Things! I advertised them on The List Starting With C. 'Free! ThingPlayer and classic Things! Works.' (This is the equivalent of, in car ads, 'Runs.' I did not claim it worked well.) I thought that, if I was lucky, one or two people might come look. Well, two hours later, I had to take the ad down because, in a quite mystifying manner, ten people had already replied.

So, on the grounds that said person was more likely to actually show up, I gave it to the person with the best grammar. Virtue rewarded.