Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Failure To Be Profound

I started to write about acceptable risks as a lead-in to talking about science grants, but I suddenly ran out of steam.
  • Thank you for all the weighing in. :) Consensus: Six of one, half dozen...
  • I was mostly joking about the cold.
  • But not about family.
  • Mmm, beer.
  • Canadian cold gear! Now there's a country that knows how to dress for cold.
  • Did you know that 50 blocks right around Blighted Med appear to all be for sale? But there are plenty of nice houses nearby; really I had no idea. Thanks, y'all.
  • In MWUC we could buy an incredibly nice house for a fraction of our current rent.
  • I must stop looking at real estate.
On jobs:
  • Dr. S would work at Blighted Med. Alas.
  • We would not live near the med school.
  • He doesn't have an offer yet so maybe it'll be an easy choice.
  • If I had any firm idea what I want to do with my life, looking for a job/ weighing the possibilities would be easier.
  • But more research is Dead Out.
  • Current plan: bake cookies for a few months while looking for jobs.
  • So overall Dr. S's scientific preference mostly wins out and I trail along like a good little housewife.
  • But currently I lack all ambition except to be done.
  • I have a LOT of that though.